Wednesday 21 March 2007

Proper Warlock

Just a few days ago I found myself in Ironforge, a noisy and smokey city built in the heart of the mountains of northern Dun Morogh and the hub of Azeroth. I love to spend time in the Forlorn Cavern, paddling in the small pool or chatting with one of the Warlock trainers. If I'm not in the Cavern then I'll be in Tinker Town brushing up on my engineering skills.

I visited the post box in The Commons and had to use all of my, very limited, self control to stop myself from cursing (and yes, I mean with Agony) the highly impolite people who were literally jumping the queue! When you're just three and a half feet tall, having a bunch of Night Elves and humans leaping all over the place is more than a little worrying!

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found a small package waiting for me! Yippee! Hurray! I cried, jumping about with such enthusiasm and excitement that I nearly dropped the package, not to mention falling off my moral high ground on complaints of jumping!

Inside the package was a wonderful gift. A pair of made-to-measure Shadoweave Shoulders! Not only are they all mine with great bonuses to shadow damge, but they are also proper, official, Warlock shoulder armour! A lovely garish lilac and silver design, could they possibly belong to any other class? Even a Mage wouldn't be seen dead sporting such flamboyancy!

Why are you getting so excited about some purple and silver shoulders? You might ask. Well they are my very first piece of armour that distinquishes me from all the other 'Squishies'. I am a Warlock, not a simple 'caster'. And, of course, the bold, bright colours are a brilliant irony, that only the dark heart of a Warlock can appreciate ;)

No comments: